Monday, December 4, 2017

The red pen



Editing is something a lot of authors cringe at.  The dreaded red pen.  What is my manuscript going to look like by the time my editor is finished with it.  Some writers want as few marks as possible.  I am on the opposite end of the spectrum.  I want to see red all over the place.  I want all my flaws found now, before publishing.

I am always hesitant to brag on someone who does work for me.  It's purely for a selfish reason.  I am a perfectionist and only want top notch professionals working on my books.  I always worry that if I share them with others then they will get too popular and I'll have to get in a long line to work with them.  But I would be ungrateful if I didn't give a shout out to my fabulous editor, Courtney Johansson.  She is truly talented.

I read a lot, and I have read many good books.  However, once in a blue moon I pick up a novel and think wow!  This author really has a talent for words.  Everything they write is just amazing, from every single line of dialog to the descriptions that truly immerse you into the story.  There are a few writers who are in a league of their own.

That's where Courtney Johansson fits in.  She is one in a million.  I often forget just how good she is until I get my novel back after it has been edited.  Her eye for detail is truly unmatched.  So if you are looking for someone to bring your novel to the next level, contact Courtney.  You will be blown away.  Just make sure to leave her time for me!

Cjohanssonedits@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment