Friday, December 29, 2017

Interview with Mamoona Arshad author of Opposite Similarities The Journey Towards Joy





I'd like to welcome Mamoona Arshad author of Opposite Similarities The Journey Towards Joy.  Will you tell us a little about yourself. 
My name is Mamoona Arshad, I am21 and a girl. I live in Italy but I was born in Pakistan that’s why the not so commonly Italian name ;) I have been a book lover and worm since I can remember. Apart from that, I hate going out. Maybe the fact that I love books, hate going out and write stories are related.
·What got you into writing?
So, as I said I love books even though not every genre but mainly Romance and YA. I have always imagined stories and scenes while listening to some sad music. One day I shared my imaginations with a friend who suggested me to write on Wattpad and that’s how it all started, one chapter after the other, I got passionate about writing.

It is such a blessing when we find something we are passionate about. Share a short excerpt from your novel.

I think I would like to share my favorite scene form the novel.

“Mom, wake up!” I try to shake her, but she is not answering. “Please, don't leave us alone!” I insist while a doctor is checking her.
She is laying on the stretcher in this eternal night. Her skin is shining, she is so beautiful while sleeping. I wait for the doctor after he has checked her. He doesn't look at me, he tries to avoid any eye contact.
“She is going to be okay, isn't she?” I ask with a strange burning sensation in my chest.
He lifts up his face and from his eyes I already know the answer, but still I have a little hope.
“I am extremely sorry, my dear. She is no more.”
No, this can't happen, she can't leave me. How can someone leave in this way their children? No, this is not true, it is a joke.  
“Mom, wake up! Please...” I beg her, just for once she has to get up. “Mommy, don't play jokes on me! Wake up!” I shake her angrily, but the doctor tries to hold me back. He has no right to keep a daughter distant from her mother.
“Leave me!” I try to get away from his hold with all my strength.
“It's a dream, Candice. Wake up!” I hear a voice. But I don't know where it is coming from.
“How do I get up? Please help me,” I shout desperately.
Suddenly, I feel strong hands holding my arms. As I open my eyes, I am flashed by a strong light. I try to orientate myself and my eyes find his.
Aaron is here.
I was having a nightmare. My heart is beating so fast that I fear it will blast out of my chest.
“It was not real,” he says softly.
Yes, it was and the reality continues to chase me. However, this time I woke up to comfort and affection. I was able to get out of that night.
He keeps looking at me. His emerald eyes are the hope I need. After so much time I have been able to fight my demons. My eyes are burning with tears, but I can't help admiring the man who is sitting here with me and for me.
I wrap my arms around him. His body is like my long searched shelter. I rest my head on his shoulder and there has been no moment like this in these last months. I feel at peace and calm. It feels like the storm has gone and has left an immense, comforting silent. He caresses my back whispering comforting words. Our bodies are so close that I can feel his breath down my neck. Slowly my tears stop and the burning sensation in the chest disappears leaving its place to a tranquil sensation. His heartbeat is like lullaby for my eyes. 

Currently, what are you working on?
Since, my first novel, Opposite Similarities – The journey Towards Joy is part of the Opposite Similarities Series I am working on the second book which continues with the story of Candice and Aaron.
In the meanwhile I keep writing on Wattpad serialized stories.
 Mammona tell us a little bit about your main characters?

My main characters are Candice and Aaron.
Candice is a nineteen years old girl who is trying to overcome the tragedy of her life. She can be described as a strong female character who needs the support of someone to find the strength in herself , in fact she is the strongest character of the whole novel.
Aaron is a rich businessman who however is really down to earth and humble. He has gone through a lot since his childhood and that reflects in him in his adult age.

Share something with us not a lot of people know about you.

Okay so... This is actually a fact that defines me a lot which only few people know: I can speak five languages: Italian, Urdu/Hindi, English, Spanish and French. The first three are part of my everyday life and have been since I was little. However, I learnt Spanish and French in High School.

I have always wanted to speak several languages, I am still trying to master Spanish.  What was your writing process like?

It was like a roller-coaster ride. I  was writing Opposite Similarities when I was in High School so I had to make time for School, family and writing. I would think about the chapters in school and start crafting them as bullet points and then write them in the evening. I have never faced difficulties regarding creating the story but making the story. However, the starting was nothing, it was not challenging, and I was having fun creating the story. The actual challenge came when I finally decided that I wanted to self-publish it. I knew nothing about it. So first, I informed myself about self-publishing. Then, I created a little plan but the problem about self-publishing is that it doesn’t depend everything on the author especially while asking bloggers and reviewers to promote or review the book. Sometimes, I would feel like giving up because it was getting too stressful but then a little compliment and encouragement towards my writing would make me walk a little more on this path. Eventually, I published it and people have been really supporting me during this initial phase as an author. 

  It’s great to have a team for support.  Writing has its ups and downs. It is hard but rewarding. What are your hobbies aside from writing, if any?
  If I am not writing I am for sure reading or watching Sci-Fi series and movies.
  Which is your favorite book?

It has to be hands down Rebecca Donovan’s Breathing Trilogy’s first book: Reason to Breath. It is actually the first book I read which was not related to school and from there on a new journey started.

   Since you wrote in this genre, do you think you will ever write in other genres?

Romance is my favorite genre and I have written contemporary Romance but I would like to discover Teen Fiction too. I have personally really enjoyed the books I have read in this genre so maybe, who knows, one day I will write one.






Thanks for sharing.  Happy Reading!!


Here are the links to my book and social media accounts:




No comments:

Post a Comment