Friday, April 20, 2018

Interview with Nicole M. Stevenson author of Diamond's Kindergartne Madness



Today I'd like to welcome author Nicole M. Stevenson. Nicole,  what got you into writing? Poetry was my start to it all. 


When you read, which do you prefer: print books or ebooks? I prefer print books.

Have you been given any helpful advice? Author/publisher Victoria Christopher Murray believed that I could take this journey and that support was more helpful than advice. 

Support is great. Being an author can be a tough road. It's great to have people in your corner. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why? Down under, Australia, I think it is beautiful from photos I've seen. Id like to go to some where beautiful.    
                     
Share something with us not a lot of people know about you. I'm a self taught Artist, I use to do movie reviews. 


Nicole, is Beyond the Pulpit a stand-alone novel or part of a series? This is a novella and the sequel is out For Worse. 

Do you have people read your drafts before you publish? Yes.

How do you select beta readers? I don't, people I know read the drafts.

Who designed the artwork for your cover? The company Publish America did all except my latest which is a children's book. "Diamond's Kindergarten Madness" 




Did you have any writer’s block? No. In fact I wrote the sequel to the sequel and my daughter erased it by accident.  

I can't imagine, that would be horrible to lose so much work. Is there something you learned from writing your first book? Yes, write, read, rewrite and repeat.

What are your hobbies aside from writing, if any? Art and making things with my hands.


Which is your favorite book? Beyond The Pulpit


What is your writing process like? I think of a story than think about the characters that will fit each role. 


What advice would you give someone who is considering publishing? Make up in your mind the time frame you want to get your story out there to the audience, who they are and that there maybe a lot of rejections or people that don't like your story.

Should new authors consider traditional or self-publishing? The journey you take has to be your own and what works best for you. 

Any last words? Whether you get signed you will still have to put in the leg work. 
Thanks for sharing.  Happy Reading!!
Amazon 
https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Pulpit-Nicole-Matthews/dp/1629071110

No comments:

Post a Comment