Friday, August 31, 2018

Interview with Jennifer Rayes Author of Intricate Deceptions




Let's welcome Jennifer Rayes today! Jennifer will you tell us a little about yourself?
  
My name is Jennifer Rayes. I have written a fictional new adult series, Intricate Series, based on experiences from my life and other people I know. I am originally from Lebanon and grew up between there and the US. I studied Chemical Engineering in Ohio, and now work in the UAE with my Great Pyrenees, Koby.

What a beautiful dog. What brought about the idea for this book?

I have always enjoyed writing, and began doing so at an early age. A few years ago, I was watching a series on television with family, and thought to myself I can write something like this. That same night, I started working on Intricate Deceptions, and those first few pages turned into a chapter, then that chapter turned into a book. It’s something I enjoy doing, and my inspiration comes as I write.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

I’d like to be writing and see my series turned into a movie or a show.

Best of Luck. You never know what could happen. It seems like all of the great movies and shows stem from a book. Have you been given any helpful advice? If so What?

To become a writer, you just have to write. I find writing to be like exercise; the more you do it, the easier it gets, the longer you stop, the harder it is to get back into.
If going through a block, I recommend reading.

Jennifer, currently, what are you working on?

Book 3 in the Intricate Series.

What has been the most difficult thing you have struggled with since you began a career in writing?

My best writing comes out in the middle of the night between 2 and 5 am. Unfortunately, it’s a very difficult time to write, as I’m usually asleep.

I understand, many a times have I been comfy in my bed when inspiration strikes. Tell us a little bit about your main characters
My main character is a girl that is a victim of kidnap and human trafficking, who then, through several twists, comes into power and decides to fight these organizations and corruption.

What has been the best compliment you have received?

That a reader couldn’t put the book down.

How do you handle criticism when it comes to your writing?

At first, it used to sting a lot. Now, I am able to step back and take the positive from whatever feedback I get, and use the negative to improve.

Is there something you learned from writing your first book?

It’s a journey, a long journey.

It is and a lot of work but if you persevere you can get through it. How many times do you think you read your book before going to print?
I’ve lost count.


Jennifer, thanks for stopping by and sharing with us today. HAPPY READING!!



Amazon Link



No comments:

Post a Comment