Friday, October 6, 2017

Interview with Angel Chadwick author of Weeping Well


ST: Thank you so much for joining us today!  Welcome Angel.  Why don't you start with telling us a little about yourself.

AC: Hi, my name’s Angel Chadwick. I’m an avid reader, reviewer, blogger, author and mom of a ten year old who is autistic and making exceptional and steady progress every day.

ST: What got you into writing?

AC: My middle school English teacher encouraged me to keep writing after I wrote a short story for an English assignment. I got an A+ on it.

ST: That's great.  I always love to hear stories of how teachers took the time to help encourage their students.  It looks like you started writing young.  Can you share a short excerpt from your novel.

 AC: Here’s an excerpt from my novel Weeping Well:

Eva smiled. “I think it’s best I focus on my work and being a mother. Goodnight, Othor.”

Mr. Kane sighed, gently letting her hand go and stuffing his hands into the front pockets of his trousers. “Have you spoken to him?”

 “No, I haven’t spoken to him, since.”

“Since, I ruined everything by barging into his flat like a mad man with that file.”

“Don’t feel bad about it. You did nothing wrong.” Eva put her hand on his arm.

“Oh, no, I don’t feel bad for exposing him. I feel just awful what I did hurt you. That wasn’t my intention at all.” 

“You wanted me to know the truth. I appreciate you letting my son take a nap here, in your beautiful home. But I’d better take him home with me now. After this case is over, I don’t think you and I should work together anymore.”

ST: Which do you prefer: print books or ebooks?

AC:I prefer both.

ST: Is the Weeping Well a stand-alone novel or part of a series?

AC:Weeping Well is part of a trilogy, but is written as a standalone. I’m currently writing the next two books for it.

ST: Angel, in your novel, which character is your favorite?

AC: All my characters are my favorites, from their flaws, their strengths and the strength of their flaws. My characters live vicariously through me.

ST: When you read, who are your favorite authors?

AC: Just about anything in literature such as works by Edgar Allan Poe, Bret Harte, Tennessee Williams, John Steinbeck, William Faulkner, Walt Whitman, Robert Frost, to name a few.

ST: What is your writing process like?  Do you have a routine?

AC: Every morning I start writing and I don’t stop until I’m finished for that day. But it can be random as far as the time of day. But I’m always writing daily and consistently. I sit at my desk in my living room and write. The peak hours is when my mind is most fertile between midnight and five a.m. Concept, title, characters and plot come to me like a wave and I’m good at catching that wave and working it into words on paper. This happens daily. I don’t let writer’s block seep in. My mind is constantly on so in my sleep I’m thinking and plotting out my next book, scene, setting, title, characters, etc.  That is my routine. That’s my abnormal normal.

ST: Midnight until 5am!  Do you ever sleep?  LOL. Since you wrote in this genre, do you think you will ever write in other genres? 

AC: I write in mixed genres.  I don’t write singular genres meaning each one of my books has several genres mixed in it. But the only genre I will not write in is erotica.

ST: What advice would you give someone who is considering publishing? Should they consider traditional or self-publishing?

AC: I’ve been in both realms and its best to do what works for you and what makes you happy.  I’m doing what works for me and what makes me happy.

Thanks for sharing. Find out more about Angel at the below links.
Happy Reading!!




No comments:

Post a Comment