Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Interview with Mark Gunning author of I Told you So! The Adventures of William and Thomas





Today let's welcome Mark Gunning. Mark, tell us about yourself.

I'm a teacher by day and author when I have the time. I released my first book (I Told You So! The Adventures of William and Thomas) in June of 2017 for middle-grade students.

Congrats! That so exciting. What got you into writing?  

I met a fellow author at my school one day and got chatting. After that chat, I was inspired to write a book. I love telling stories and thought getting them down on paper would be a great way to share them. (I still keep in touch with that author who I met back in 2010.)

One thing I have learned on this journey is how friendly and helpful other authors are. Mark, when you pick up a book, which do you prefer: print or ebooks?

I love print copies. I enjoy having the book in my hand and find that adding them to a collection is enjoyable.

I am right there with you. Although when I travel ebooks are more convenient.  Mark, if you could travel anywhere, where you go?

I'd love to travel to Cuba. In fact, I just got back from Cayo Santa Maria and would love to go back. The country is beautiful and the people are very nice and friendly.

Are you working on anything at the moment?

I am currently working on my third book in my series. The new title is I Told You So! Strike Three, You're Out!

I love series and I am always on the lookout for new books for my kids to read. Can you tell us a little about your main characters?

My two main characters are William and Thomas. William is a middle-grade aged kid who is the mastermind behind the plans. Thomas is his best friend and voice of reason. Unfortunately, William never seems to listen to Thomas. It likey a good thing, because then all the shenanigans wouldn't happen.

Will you share something with us that not a lot of people know?

I wanted to be a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer.

Could your books be read as a stand-alone?

My books are part of a series but could be considered stand-alone. Each book contains a number of short stories that are somewhat tied together.

Who designed the cover for your book?

One of my friends drew the picture for my first cover and then I had a local college student design my cover so it could be a series.

When you need a break from writing what are some hobbies that you enjoy?

I like to golf when I have the time. I also help coach one of the local baseball teams in the summer. Fishing is also an activity that I enjoy. I also forget to mention working out.

Sounds like you are a very active guy. I need to start working out, but its so hard to find the time. Who is your favourite character?

My favourite character is definitely William. I love the fact that he never backs down and always tries to follow his plans or stunts to the end.

Mark, do you think you will write in any other genres?

I would like to write a drama novel about a boy with selective mutism. It will involve a teacher and the boy's mother.

Any last words?

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer these questions. If you would like more details, please contact me for further info.

Thanks so much for sharing with us today. Don't forget to check out Mark's series. Happy Reading!!




Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment