Friday, August 14, 2020

Artemis Fowl

 


So my apologies for falling off the face of the earth.  Its been a busy summer. 

 I have been waiting for this movie to come out with great anticipation.  I read and enjoyed all the Artemis Fowl books. The movie in my opinion was an epic fail. 

I so wanted to love the movie, in hopes that they would finish making all the books into movies. However, this movie was nothing like the book. It had the same characters, for the most part, the main plot was changed and I for one was very disappointed.  It was so different, in fact, that I even questioned my memory of the first book. 

I read that they changed the movie because if they made the movie like the book then people would be bored and not surprised.  When has changing the movie from the book ever had a happy ending?  Were fans bored of Harry Potter, or The Hunger Games?  I understand some changes have to made to cram a book into an hour and a half or two hour movie. But this barely resembles the book at all.  I wonder what the author thought about the movie?

However, on a happy note, I have been rereading the series this summer and found them just as enjoyable. My memory of the first book was also accurate, so it's great to know I am not going crazy.  

I will have to say, that my boys did enjoy the movie, having never read the books.  So if you've never read the books, you might find this movie enjoyable.  

I have no idea how they would continue the story as it changed so completely from the first book and the story that continues in the following books.  

What have you been reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment