Monday, May 7, 2018

Interview with Illustrator Teresa Guido


Today I'd like to welcome Illustrator Teresa Guido. Thanks so much for taking the time to talk with us today and share some of your work.
Teresa, what made you want to be an illustrator?

I have always had a passion for drawing and constancy in carrying out this dream. Surely my family has played an essential role in terms of pushing towards this goal, but every day I try to improve myself more as an artist.




I can tell you work hard, your illustrations are beautiful. How long does it typically take for you to complete one color illustration of a book?

This depends by the complexity of the illustration. Sometimes can happen that i can finish an illustration in one week or in one month!



Wow, that's a long time. I think authors sometimes can forget how much work it takes to do a quality illustration. What tips would you give a new illustrator starting out?

It is very difficult to give life advice. But if I can express my opinion on the profession as illustrator, surely a quality that helps is the strong determination and constancy of the dream. I have never been given any useful advice but I have always crawled, followed, and explored the artists who inspired me by following their footprints.




What warnings could you give an author looking for a new illustrator?

That an illustrator must be interested in the project that the writer proposes, follow the author in his choices to be professional and create a good reputation.



When an author contracts with you, do they own exclusive rights to the images, or does that have to be purchased separately?

Usually i can hold rights on the illustration, but i cannot sell the illustration that i have created for an author, maybe i can use that for my personal portfolio.




That's good to know. Do Illustrators offer revisions of their work?

Yes, i usually start with a pencil sketch and i show it to the author if he or she is satisfied i go on.



Teresa, any last words?

I hope to create my own style, recognizable, and to make happy authors that wants to bring life their ideas!


 Thanks so much for sharing with us today Teresa.  Happy Reading!!

Where can we find out more about you?

https://www.artstation.com/teresaguido5

Email: teresa.guido1986@gmail.com         

Linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/in/teresaguido/

 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresaguidoart/

                     https://www.facebook.com/teresa.guido.5

Instagram teresaguidoart

                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment