Monday, January 29, 2018

Interview with Illustrator Little Cloud








Today on Illustrator Monday I'd like to welcome Little Cloud.
Please tell us a little about yourself.
I studied illustration at CO1 School of Visual Arts and graduated with distinction. Since then, I have been working on graphic design and children illustration. My medium of choice is acrylic and watercolour. I likes making my works that creates contradicts between cool colour and innocent children face, depicting the human relationship and contradictory life.
If there was one thing you wished author’s knew about illustrating what would it be?
Style – the wordings is important to make one fascinating of your story, but style would help create the soul for your book. Finding the right style that you imagine in your brain is most critical.
That is challenging, every Illustrator has a unique style.  It is a challenge to find just the right one that fits with your story. How do you communicate with the author on a project? Do you like it when the author gives a lot of direction or just lets you have creative license?
I would prefer author giving me a clear direction so we don’t have to waste a lot of time on revising an artwork. Usually we can compromise into agreed visuals in verbal. By fine tuning the layout, the most desired features or styles will happen.   
What has been your favorite project to work on so far?
It was a music children book – with very cute animals and musical instruments for 3-8 aged children
What is your preferred medium to illustrate in?  Digital? Pencils? Watercolor?
Watercolour and pencil
Any last words?
Frankly I’m not an experienced illustrator for children book. But I always look for an opportunity to develop further in children illustration. I’m a person who is nice to work with and am very responsive for my jobs. Just give me chance and I believe I could be the best partner with you.
Thanks for sharing with us today. Where can we find out more about you?
Very glad if you could follow my Facebook and instagram J

I’m from Hong Kong. Just drop me an email

HAPPY READING!!





No comments:

Post a Comment