Friday, September 1, 2017

Interview with Prakash Vir Sharma author of Life in Shackles

Hi Sarah! My name is Prakash Vir Sharma. Basically, I am a management professional but author by passion. I am married and currently residing in "City of Joy" Kolkata (India) with my wife, one son and one daughter.

Welcome, Prakash, would you share a short excerpt from your novel with us?
There are my two short stories books "Kathputli" and "Life in Shackles" in Hindi and English respectively. I would say my characters initiate social change, they know what is religion actually, they know what are the rights of citizen and how to take a right decision, there are stories how the society treats women and what they do to change the mindset. "Life In Shackles" is based on plight of women.

What are you presently working on?
Currently, I am busy in editing and formatting of my upcoming book "Mindset And Passion - The Psychology Of Success" to participate in Amazon's"PenToPublish" contest.

How did you decide on what to title each book?
I use to put some suggestions regarding my Title and cover page along with some summarised thoughts or blurb on my Facebook profile. You can say that I decide engaging my friends, wellwishers and readers in the selection process.

Prakash, did you always know you wanted to be a writer? When did you know that you wanted to be a writer?
Writing my thoughts, stories and poems on Facebook for around two years, finally, in 2014, I planned to publish my books. It took two and half years to execute. My first book "Kathputli" was published on 6th March'17.

What did you find was the easiest part of the writing process?  What is the hardest for you?
Writing is easy, formatting is tough and promotion is toughest.

I agree, I have found the real work starts after a book is published.
Before you publish Prakash, do you have people read your drafts before you publish?  How do you select beta readers?
I do everything myself. I don't have supporting hands.

Wow that's a lot of work.  I use my beta readers to catch everything I miss.  You must have a greater eye for detail than I do.
Who designed the artwork for your cover?  Or did you design it yourself?
For "Kathputli" it was designed by Basant Goswami, for "Life In Shackles" the images were provided by me and Basant Goswami did the design.
For "Mindset And Passion - The Psychology Of Success" I used Kindle Cover service.

How do you promote your books? Any tips you can share with us?
I use my social media, particularly Facebook to promote my books. I have a personal profile and book pages.

Prakash, did you have any writer’s block?  If so, how did you work your way through it?
Actually, writer's block is nothing but it's a temporary phase during writing when one needs some change. I enjoy that time with my friends on social media.

Which is your favorite book?
"The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne

Any last words?
I would appreciate feedback and reviews from readers.


Link to my recent book
Thanks so much!




2 comments: