Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Interview with Ursula Williams author of Do you believe in a world of magic?

Today I'd like to welcome author Ursula Williams. Tell us a little about yourself.
I was born in Berlin Germany, and I am a mother of three beautiful children and the grandmother two precious granddaughters. I left my home country in  1984 after a successful but very hectic career in advertising and marketing. For the next 28 years, I lived and worked in the Caribbean, travelled the USA, Canada, UK and Scotland. And it was in Scotland that I lost my heart, and I
rediscovered and developed my passion for writing. The beauty of Scotland, its rich history and fascinating mythology inspired me to write this novel, and undoubtedly many more will follow.  I now reside in Berlin but use every chance I can get to visit my
family in Scotland. Stroll through the beautiful old town of Edinburgh, or hike through the Highlands, Glens, forests and along its beautiful lochs
.

Share a short excerpt from your novel.

The forest looked different tonight and appeared to be alive. Small lumps of snow dropped from the treetops and the frozen leaves on the forest floor shattered like crystals under their feet. Moments after the friends had left the shore a gust of wind swept the powdery snow from the lake's icy surface towards the edge of the forest like a wall of icy mist. With the snow gone the lake now appeared like a mirror that reflected the night sky with a myriad of glittering stars and the bright full moon, giving the group of friends the feeling of being suspended and transported into another world.


Which do you prefer: print books or ebooks?

Print, I need to feel the book in my hands. I guess I am old fashion.


If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

Scotland,
always Scotland, that’s where I feel hom
e.I love to be alone and enjoy the
peace and quiet when I  walk through the forests, glens.

Currently, what are you working on?

My next novel, which is a reality-based adventure and plays out in places around the world.

Tell us a little bit about your main characters.

Well, my characters are base on flesh and blood real people, as for instance family members former students and friends.


 How did you decide on what to title each book?

I thought long and hard to find an all-encompassing title for the adventure and could not think of anything better than to ask my readers, if they believe in a world of magic.

Is this a stand-alone novel or part of a series?

No, it is a part of a series, but I can’t yet tell how many will follow.

Ursula, who designed the artwork for your cover?  Or did you design it yourself?

I found the image on shutterstock.com and was so amazed how much it resembles the main character ( my daughter)  and her part in the story.

Did you have any writer’s block? If so how did you work through it?

Yes, whenever I was ripped from my thoughts by well-meaning friends who thought that it is not healthy to sit and write for days.

I worked through it by closing my blinds, turned off my phone and put on my headphones. In other words, I left the world behind.


Since you wrote in this genre, do you think you will ever write in other genres?
Well, I am at the moment. My new story is reality-based, action loaded and meant as an eyeopener.


Any last words?

I love to take my readers on a journey. Entrap them in the story so much so that they can see and feel the scenery and make them feel as if they know my characters personally. Thanks so much for sharing. Be sure to check out more about Ursula in the links below. Happy Reading!!





1 comment:

  1. Ursula is a very creative woman, I'm surprised it took her so long to unleash her imagination through books, although she's been doing it through people her whole life.

    While reading the book you will feel like you're actually in another realm, because ofof th concept it is difficult to explain even in summary.
    You wouldn't regret the read.


    R.J Williams

    ReplyDelete