Monday, May 21, 2018

Illustrator Interview with Baruch Inbar



What made you want to be an illustrator?
I have always loved drawing, since I was 3 years of age. I have also loved storytelling, and it became rather natural for me to marry these two into being a visual storyteller.

How long does it typically take for you to complete one color illustration of a book?
It really depends on the style and complexity of the artwork. Some color illustrations may a couple of days, and some may take a week or more.



What tips would you give a new illustrator starting out?
My best advice would be: follow your heart and be authentic with your individual style and artistic expression. It is wonderful to be inspired by other artists, but at the end of the day, your own unique expression and "voice" is the most important thing.

What warnings could you give an author looking for a new illustrator?
I would suggest to do a little bit of research about them, get some references from former clients and most importantly: have a signed CONTRACT before you do anything. 



When an author contracts with you, do they own exclusive rights to the images, or does that have to be purchased separately?
My clients hire me to create artwork for them, therefore they own all the rights once the work is done and I am fully paid. That said, I retain the rights to promote the art and use it in my marketing avenues.

Do Illustrators offer revisions of their work? 
Absolutely. It is a vital part of the creative process.



Any last words?
I love working on children book projects which inspire and empower children to take action in their lives, dream big and become visionaries. Otherwise, what's the point to write children books?...


Thanks for Sharing with us. Don't forget to check out more of Baruch. Happy Reading!!


My website: https://www.snaut.com

Put all you social media and contact info here
               

                     https://www.facebook.com/SnurtleBook




No comments:

Post a Comment